Thursday, August 13, 2009

Musings.11: Barbara



had no intention of 'working' at all, beyond taking photos when an opportunity might arise.

This was to be a getaway weekend for myself and my husband to celebrate our anniversary (#28) and I even chose to forgo organizing my notes and my calendar as I usually do on road trips lasting more than a couple of hours. This was to be just him and me, so imagine my surprise when the latest dreams of 'Melissa,' the character I am developing on this blog, popped up in MY flesh and blood life.

It still amazes me even now, almost a week after I saw it and photographed it through the windshield!

These latest dreams of hers with their emphasis on a place named 'St. Clair Shores,' puzzled me enough that I did not know what to say about them. Truthfully, I am still curious to see how this newest location will fit into 'Melissa's' story, especially now that I found a place named 'St. Clair' on an island off the shore, so to speak, of Georgia - St. Simon's Island, to be exact. (The island played host to the 2008 G-8 Summit.)

Earlier in the day I had found a fool in his cap painted on the window of a toy shop on Mallery St. and felt it would fit into a post about 'Melissa's' exploration of the place. I figured I was pretty lucky to happen across an image of a fool out in the big wide world. I was completely taken by surprise when we drove past a development bearing the name 'St. Clair!'

It presages some sort of 'development' in 'Melissa's' story I am sure, but I am especially intrigued to see what develops because of this in MY waking life. 'Melissa's' dreams manifesting in my physical life - maybe Oscar Wilde was right about life imitating art? I'm certainly going to keep watching to see what develops!

No comments: