Thursday, November 6, 2008

Chanteuse: "Melissa"

ou know, I think I am rather surprised at myself. I had another warehouse dream last night and it only adds to the puzzle of all these dreams for me, but I am not getting crazy about this.

Control has been an issue for me in the past so it is really hard to believe sometimes that I am just letting these dreams be what they are. They intrigue me, but they also comfort me and so I am willing to let them show up when they will and show me what they will.

In last night's dream I was back in the warehouse. This time the little girl I'd seen standing on the back of the blue carousel horse as it galloped down the street in another dream was there, as was the carousel horse, and the King of the Faery from the last playing card my Crow gave me. My Crow was there, too, perched on the arm of His Majesty's throne.

This King is extraordinary and I wonder if there has been a human monarch who is his equivalent? Power and intellect radiate from him and I saw as I watched him watch the little girl play with jack-in-the-boxes that he could see more in an instant, more quickly and more clearly, than anyone I have ever met, even my father.

I guess the word I would use to describe this monarch is 'formidable'. When I hold that thought in my mind and consider how tenderly he watched and, later, held the little girl, I feel honored such a person wishes to show up in my dreams. Maybe that is why I feel comforted and easy about these dreams?

Anyway, as I mentioned, he sat watching and smiling as the little girl played with a row of jack-in-the-boxes arranged on the floor before his throne. She managed to play a new tune with them by playing them in some sequence only she knew, sorta like a hip-hop dj these days. When she finished her song she stuffed the jacks back in their boxes, stood up, held her hands in the yogic prayer position and bowed to him, murmuring 'Namaste'.

To my surprise the monarch, with a twinkle in his eye and a small smile, returned the salute before he patted his lap and motioned for her to sit with him. "Your Aunt Chantal has been waiting to sing for us. What should we ask her to sing, ma petite enfant - hmm? Quel chanson?"

"'The Rose', Granpere, s'il vous plait. I love when Aunt Chantal sings that one."

Suddenly my Crow flew the short distance from the royal throne to me with a slip of paper the king had given him. As he has done before my Crow perched on my shoulder, gurgled in my ear and combed his beak through my hair - all as I read the message: "In the wasteland it is the soul afraid of trying that never learns to leap."

Before I could process those words a woman, stunningly beautiful, stepped from the shadows holding a bouquet of white roses. Her beauty and her voice were breathtaking. It was a while before I could put two thoughts together, or even remember my name, but once I could I realized she looked just like the Faery Queen - minus the wings. I had to draw that card over again because she deserves a better job than the one I did back in the beginning!

When I realized who this chanteuse, 'Aunt Chantal', resembled I thought to look at the King of the Faery. I almost cry now as I remember that everything about that formidable monarch evinced love, a world of love. I knew then that his queen was his world.

I still cannot find the words to describe my shock at the king's next gesture. When 'The Rose' was finished he descended the dais, took a rose from the bouquet, and crossed the floor to present it to me! I was stunned. I fumbled rather clumsily to salute him as the little girl had. He smiled, returned the salute, and held up his left hand for my Crow to return to that perch.

In a daze I noted that the king left a trail of red footsteps marking his path as he returned to his throne.

Now, in the light of day I sit in the embrace of that dream wondering what message its depths hold for me. I went out today expressly to buy some white roses. Something nudged me while I was out to see if I could find a bottle of wine I might want to taste. Nothing could have prepared me for the shock of seeing one of my dreams on the label of a chardonnay! The chardonnay from Five Rivers Winery sports a graphic of a woman standing in a river - I presume it's a river! - holding an oar over her head. The label says, in part, "Discover the goddess at www.fiveriverswinery.com

No comments: